A cat camera collar is a great tool to bring out a new perspective on your videos. If you have a YouTube channel and want to feature your cat, a cat camera collar would be the perfect equipment for you.
Cat camera collars will bring a new angle to your video. You’ll see the world from the viewpoint of your cat. Think how cool is that!
Why Do You Need a Cat Camera Collar?
- Well, the obvious answer is, for fun! It will be a great tool of excitement for you and your cat. You get to see the world from the viewpoint of your cat. I think that’s pretty cool!
- If you own a YouTube channel, then there can be no better way to introduce your cat other than a cat camera collar. Your viewers will enjoy and even can make your cat a superstar.
- Can add a new dimension to your travel video when traveling with your cat.
- If you are like me and very curious about your cat’s daily activities, you can strap up a cat camera collar and observe everything she does daily.
- You can spy on your cat to check if she gets into any mischief.
How to choose a cat camera collar?
Check the collar
The first thing to look for in a cat camera collar is the collar itself. Yes, it may sound surprising, but 60% collar cameras get lost due to a bad quality collar. You don’t want to invest in something that gets lost after a couple of days, do you?
- The collar needs to be both durable as well as long. The collar should be able to hold on the weight of the camera perfectly without making your cat uncomfortable. It should leave plenty of space for the cat to move around.
- The collar should be snugly tied around the neck of your cat. It should be very lightweight so it won’t weigh down your cat when she is having fun.
- The collar shouldn’t in any way cause any type of distress to the cat.
- Nylon made collars are better for higher durability.
- Should be large enough so that it fits snugly around your cat’s neck.
What type of camera?
When looking for a cat camera collar, check if the camera is handy. The camera should small. You should possibly hold it in your palm. The camera should have a durable body. It is better if you can get a camera that is shockproof and encased in a waterproof case. It may cost a bit more, but it will last you for a longer time.
- Durability should be the first thing to consider when choosing a camera for cat collar. The cat will constantly knock things over, roll down, jump etc. if the camera is not very durable, it will break into pieces within a few days.
- I always recommend a waterproof camera. Cats wet all the time either from drinking water or by playing with the water. If the camera is not waterproof, it will start to malfunction quickly. So, get something that is waterproof.
- The size should be small and preferable very lightweight.
- You can’t expect a DSLR quality camera in a cat camera collar. So, keep your expectations in check. However, the video resolution should be at least 640 x 480 pixels.
Well, you are going to buy a cat camera collar for good resolution video and pics right? So, you have to be extra sure on the camera specifications you are buying. Unless your cat is a lazy duffer, you should get very interesting video with your cat camera collar.
- Ensure that the camera is capable of both capturing video and still pictures.
- Test the camera before buying to ensure you are getting high-resolution pictures and videos.
- The camera should include a downloading and sharing feature to easily share the awesome video you’ve captured with your cat camera collar.
- Look for a camera that supports at least USB 2.0 for easier sharing.
- The picture resolution should be at least 1080 x 1024 and the video resolution should be 640 x 480.
- The output format of picture and video should be widely recognizable such as JPG, AVI, MP4 etc.
- Should have a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can record a video for at least 1 hour without any interruption.
- The more internal storage, the better.
- Should have slots for an external memory card.
- The embedded software should be compatible with all versions of Windows, Linux and Mac Os.
So, now that we know how to choose a cat camera collar, it is time to dive into the real stuff. Here is a list of my personal friend 4 cat camera collars to make your cat a video star!
Dogtek’s Eyenimal Cat Videocam is literally the first camera on the market that is specifically designed for a cat. It can be worn by cats, dogs, and other small animals. If you want something hi-tech as a cat camera collar, this is sure the right product for you.
This Videocam is designed to attach to your cat’s collar. With this cat camera collar, you can spy on your cat’s every movement, see what she is doing when you are not around and keep a track of her daily activities.
- Captures high-quality video with crisp audio quality at a 736×480 resolution.
- Includes two recording modes to record your cat’s every movement.
- Comes with a motion detector sensor.
- The autofocus CMOS sensor enables clear night vision for up to 7 feet distance.
- Has a 4GB built-in memory to provide enough video space without an external storage card.
- The battery allows 2.5 hours uninterrupted recording time. It is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- The dimension is 1.8 x 0.8 x 1.8 inches
- Weight is 0.32 ounces.
- Runs on 1 CR2 battery (included with the camera)
What I love about this camera
- The camera is very versatile and can be used on cats, dogs or any other small animals such as rabbits.
- Provides clear night vision for up to 7 feet distance.
- Has a 4GB memory so I don’t have to worry about the internal storage.
- My cat becomes super excited when she sees the camera.
What I don’t love about this camera
- The camera is not waterproof.
- The embedded software doesn’t work perfectly with some versions of windows.
So, I think Eyenimal Cat Videocam can be a pretty good camera for using as cat camera collar. Click here to check the current price on Amazon.
2. Meco’s Digital Pet Camera Collar
Though I don’t have any personal experience of using this cat camera collar, I found it is one of the most popular cat camera collars on Amazon. I checked the features as well as customer reviews and found that it is actually a pretty decent cat camera collar.
The camera is much cheaper than a traditional cat camera collar while providing good features.
- Runs for about 1.5 hours.
- Power input is DC-5V.
- Captures video in AVI format and pictures in JPG format which is widely used.
- The length of the USB cable is about 80 cm.
- Camera resolution is 1280×1024
- video resolution is 640 x 380 with 30 FPS which ensures crystal clear video.
- The embedded software supports all versions of Windows, Linux and MAC OS.
- Supported internal memory space is 1GB-32GB
- Includes a high capacity lithium battery.
The package includes
- 1 camera
- 1 USB cable for easier sharing
- A Manual for easier operating
- 1 collar
- The dimension is 2.2 x 2 x 1.2 inches
- Weight is about 0.32 ounces
- Video output format is AVI and picture output format is JPG
- 65-degree lens angle
- Runs on DC 5V power supply
What I didn’t like
- There is no internal memory card included
- Doesn’t have night vision
If you are interested, check out the current price here on Amazon!
3. Uncle Milton’s Pet Eye View Camera
This is a lightweight yet compact pet camera which you can attach to your cat’s collar and explore her crazy world.
Uncle Milton’s pet eye view camera lets you enjoy a crystal clear view from your cat’s perspective.
With this cat camera, you can spy on her, see what she’s up to when you are not around and record if she gets into a mischief.
Moreover, the camera has auto interval settings to take still pictures every 15, 5 or 1 minute.
- Has auto interval settings which take still picture every 1, 5 or 15 minutes.
- You can save up to 40 photos in the internal memory alone.
- The video resolution is 640 x 480.
- You can get the pictures in 4” x 6” prints.
- Comes with a USB cable for upload the media directly to the PC
- Completely compatible with all versions of windows and mac.
- Dimension is 2 x 1.3 x 2.2 inches
- Weighs about 3.52 ounces
- 1 lithium ion battery included
What I don’t like
- The battery is not replaceable
- The camera can be a bit bulkier for some cats.
Click here to check the current price of this pet camera on Amazon.
4. Weatherproof rechargeable Pet Camera
Glift’s weatherproof rechargeable pet camera lets you capture all the remarkable moments from your cat’s point of view.
The precious moments with your cat are priceless. Glift’s pet camera lets you capture these precious moments and cherish them forever.
With this pet camera, you can both record video and capture still pictures. The camera doesn’t cost a fortune and offers all the good features of a cat camera collar.
- The camera is very lightweight and compact. It is encased in a plastic housing which is very lightweight and durable. It lets your cat roam around freely.
- Runs for 20 hours on standby and can record up to 45 minutes of video.
- A 200 mA 3.7 V Lithium-Ion battery is built in with the camera. All you need to do is recharge the battery. There is no hassle of buying new batteries every other day.
- The camera can record crystal clear video with crisp audio quality. The internal memory space is 128 MB which is sufficient for quite a number of pictures. The camera also includes a digital LCD.
- The case is made from high-durable eco-friendly plastic for uninterrupted and reliable performance. The adjustable nylon collar fits snugly with all sizes of cats.
- You can insert an additional external Micro SD card of 32 GB space.
- Great gift idea for a cat owner.
- Dimension is 2.2 x 2 x 0.9 inches
- Weight is about 1 ounces
- 128 MB internal memory
- Manual power control system
- 20 hours battery life
- CMOS sensor type
- Video resolution is 640 x 480
- Image resolution is 1280 x 960
- Image output format JPG
- Autofocus enabled.
What I love about this
- The package includes pretty much everything you would need to set up a cat camera collar. There is no need to buy additional tools.
What I didn’t like
- I think the internal memory isn’t enough for a full day recording. The company should work on increasing the memory.
Click here to check out the current price on Amazon!
So, these are my 4 personal favorite cat camera collars for every time use.
Of course, each of them has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Check all of them and see which one suits your cat most. Let me know if you have any question in the comment box below. I’ll reply as soon as I can.