It is a hard truth that it’s not possible to be with our cats all day long.
We all have works to do, jobs to attend and frankly, most of us can spend a quality time with their cats only at the weekends.
I often wonder what my cat is doing at home when I am buys outside. If you are like me to, then you should a get a cat Videocam. With a cat Videocam, I can know what’s my cat been up to throughout the whole day.
A cat Videocam comes in handy for many reasons. You can check on your cat at any time with this device.
You can see whether she has gotten into any mischief. Above all, you can enjoy the world from your cat’s point of view with a cat Videocam.
Why should you get a cat videocam?
I have written about this topic in details in my best cat videocam post. You can check out that article.
Here, I am just stating a few of the reasons why investing in a decent cat Videocam will be worthwhile:
- For busy cat owners who can’t be with their cat all day long, a cat Videocam will be the perfect device to check what their cat’s been up to the whole day.
- You can check on your cat’s daily activities, see if she has gotten herself into any mischief.
- You can watch the world from your cat’s point of view. It can be pretty interesting.
- If you are a video maker, you can use the videos from your cat Videocam to add a new dimension to your videos. These videos are very popular on YouTube too!
- If your cat tends to go outside the home, you can check on her whereabouts with the cat Videocam.
How to choose a good cat videocam?
A good cat videocam should have the following properties:
- The size of the videocam should be as small as possible. It should also be very lightweight. you need to look for a videocam that your cat will hardly notice.
- Video resolution should be at least 640 x 480 pixels with a decent audio quality.
- The camera should have at least 2 GB internal memory space and slots for inserting an external memory card.
- A good videocam runs on Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The camera should record for at least 2 hours after being fully charged.
- If not waterproof, the videocam should be at least water resistant.
- Durable construction is a must for making the videocam last longer.
Dogtek’s Eyenimal Cat Videocam
There are multiple brands of cat Videocam available on the market these days. But, maximum of these are only plastic craps that get broken within 20 minutes of use.
After using hundreds of cat Videocams, I have finally found a decent one that did a great job. The product is Dogtek’s Eyenimal Cat Videocam.
Dogtek is a popular brand in the USA for manufacturing quality pet products. Their Eyenimal cat Videocam isn’t exceptional either.
It is a high-quality cat camera collar designed to record your cat’s every movement throughout the whole day.
How does the videocam work?
It is a simple yet high-resolution small camera that is designed to attach to your cat’s collar. Thus, you can know where your cat is going, what she is doing or wherever the little devil is hiding. With this simple cat camera collar, you can record your cat’s daily activities. Surely the camera has a ton of benefits, but it carries some limitations too!
- You need to attach the camera to your cat’s collar.
- Runs on a rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery.
Why should you buy Eyenimal cat Videocam?
Keeps track of your cat’s daily activities:
With the Eyenimal cat Videocam, you can track and record daily activities of your cat at a very affordable price.
- The value of this product really depends on pet to pet. If you have a cat that is very adventurous and you don’t know if you’ll see her again once she is outside the door, then this videocam will be worth hundreds of dollar to you. With this cam, you can track the exact position of your cat. So, there is no possibility of her getting lost.
- If you leave your cat at home when going to work, this cam can track her all day activities for you to watch later. It can be an exciting way to pass free time. Sometimes these videos are so exciting that you can post them on social media platforms too!
- If you observe any weird behavior from your cat after she has come home from outside, you can check with the videocam if she has eaten anything unusual or drunk anything bad. Thus, you can use this Eyenimal cat videocam to pinpoint any reason for your cat’s weird behavior.
- Do you see scratch marks all over your kitty’s body when she returns home from outside? Use Eyenimal cat videocam and you can find out who the culprit is with an instant.
What do you get with the package?
- 1 handy high-resolution cat camera
- 1 USB cable for easier sharing of the media
- A pad along with a sticker for your cat where you can write her name and address
- An operational manual of the camera
The appearance of Eyenimal Cat Videocam
When choosing a cat camera for your cat, you should buy one that is very handy and small as well as lightweight. if the camera is heavy, your cat can’t move freely.
Moreover, a big bulky camera will make your cat uncomfortable. That’s why the cat camera should be as small as possible while maintaining a lightweight and durable body.
Eyenimal cat videocam has a dimension of 1.8 x 0.8 x 1.8 inches. It has a weight of only 0.32 ounces.
So, your cat won’t even notice the camera when you tie it with her collar. The camera has a very compact design and durable body. If your cat is used to with a cat, she won’t even find the presence of the camera.
However, if she is using a collar for the first time, then it might create some problem and you may need to get her used to use a collar beforehand.
To attach the camera with your cat’s collar, you can use a plastic clip. These plastic clips are specially manufactured for attaching cameras to the collar. They keep the camera at a parallel level to the ground, thus helps to create more stunning videos.
Beware if your cat is frisky. If she doesn’t like wearing collars, there is nothing that can stop her from knocking off the camera. And, if she does so, there is little possibility that you can find it again.
Water resistant body
A cat camera must be water resistant. A cat can get herself wet multiple times a day either by drinking water or playing with water.
She can also get wet outside home when having an adventure. So, if your cat camera is not water resistant, it will start to malfunction within a single day.
Eyenimal cat videocam is completely water resistant. So, it won’t malfunction if your cat gets wet. However, that doesn’t mean the camera can be soaked into water. If your cat swims in the water or goes into a nearby river, you shouldn’t expect anything more from the camera.
Very easy to use
The camera is so easy to use that even a child can operate it comfortably. When you receive the camera, all you need is to take it out of the box, attach it to your cat’s collar with the clip mechanism and press the side button twice.
- pressing the button once means the camera is ON. The camera will show a blue indicator
- By double pressing, the indicator will start flashing which indicates that the camera has started recording.
- When you want to stop the recording, just press the side button once.
- To complete power OFF the camera, press the side button again and hold it for a couple of seconds.
How to check the recorded video and storage capacity
Once started recording, the Eyenimal cat videocam can record for up to 2 and a half hours. So, wherever she goes, everything will be recorded for 2.5 hours.
To see the recorded video, all you need to do is connect the camera with your PC through the USB cable. Connect one end of the USB cable at the USB port located at the bottom part of the camera and the other end to the PC.
Thus you can share the recorded media from your camera to PC and watch it. The camera is compatible with all versions of Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
The amazing thing is, this cat videocam has a 4 GB built-in internal memory space where other traditional cat cameras provide up to 2 GB space only. So, you can store a larger duration video with this camera.
HD Video resolution and Crisp Sound Quality
Dogtek’s Eyenimal Cat Videocam provides 736 x 480 video resolution with crisp audio quality. There are two recording modes along with motion detector sensor.
The camera comes with an autofocus CMOS sensor which lets clear night vision for up to 7 Ft distance.
There shouldn’t be any problem with the quality of the video. However, if your cat moves very quickly or spins very fast, the footage may become blurry. Surely the audio quality is not the best out there, but it does a decent job of recording the sound.
- Dimension of the camera is 1.8 x 0.8 x 1.8 inches
- Weight is 0.32 ounces
- 1 set of CR2 battery is included with the camera
What I love about Eyenimal Cat Videocam
- Provides a stunning 736 x 480 video resolution with a decent audio quality.
- The camera includes 2 recording modes with a motion detector sensor.
- Can provide clear night vision for up to 7 Ft distance.
- When the battery is fully recharged, it can record up to 2.5 hours long without any interruption.
- Has 4 GB internal memory space.
What I didn’t like
- Though the body of the camera is water resistant, it is not waterproof. So, there is a high possibility of malfunction if your cat gets into the pool or a nearby river.
- Some customers find that the embedded software of the camera needs an update to work properly with the latest versions of Windows, Linux and Mac OS. There are also some glitches with the software that needs to be solved.
- Some customers complained that the camera lived for a short time only.
To check out the current price of the eyenimal cat videocam, click on the button below:
My Final Thoughts
Surely, Eyenimal Cat Videocam is not free from errors. There are multiple factors where the camera needs improvement. However, comparing with all other cat camera Videocams in the market, I found this to be the most reliable cat videocam.
Eyenimal cat videocam can be an awesome product to monitor on your cat’s daily activities.
I know how tough it is to not being able to see what is your cat up to throughout the whole day. With this cat videocam, you can at least enjoy your cat’s daily activities when you are not around.
So, if you want something enjoyable for both you and your cat, Eyenimal cat videocam can be the perfect item for you! Let me know if you have any question about the camera in the comment box below. I will reply to your question as soon as I can.